The Beach Cottages Promise to Safety
On Monday June 8th, San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer said hotels would be able to reopen Friday June 12th, following safe reopening guidelines.
We are doing as much as we can to both comply with recommended guidelines and maintain safety with an abundance of caution. Guidelines and regulations are constantly changing, so we are doing our best to keep our potential guests informed. We are working remotely checking e-mails, voicemails, and even texting to keep our guests aware of these changes.As a result, the following restrictions have been made:
- Ping Pong and shuffleboard equipment will not be available.
- No scooters, bikes, skateboards etc., are allowed to be ridden on property
- Firepit will be unavailable.
- Guest Laundry will be unavailable.
- BBQ’s will be unavailable.
- The North Patio will be closed.
- Elevator use is restricted to single occupant or occupants in a single party.
- Non-overnight visitors of guests are strongly discouraged.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in blacklisting or revoked permission to rebook next year.
- Masks/face coverings will be required in all common areas of the hotel. Please bring one for everyone in your party. Our policy on Masks/face coverings follows San Diego’s published guidance and therefore, we have the same exceptions for small children 3yrs old and under. For info on San Diego’s Face Covering guidelines please visit this link
- Social distancing is still required on premises.
- Report to us if you, or a person in your party, has contracted, or is suspected to have contracted, COVID-19, so we may respond appropriately.
- On June 2nd, San Diego county is allowing passive recreation activity at all the beaches in the City wide jurisdiction. This includes Pacific Beach, and therefore you are now allowed to bring you chair, umbrella, beach towel and sit at the beach. There are still restrictions on large gatherings and practicing safe social distancing. San Diego’s face covering guidelines would still apply at the public beaches in San Diego. Here is the link for your review.>
- Many restaurants are reopening with limited occupancy, and many more are available for takeout and delivery.
- As of June 2nd, completing and submitting to the hotel a certification that you meet the aforementioned criteria to travel under penalty of perjury.
- Pre check-in email with instructions for billing and receiving keys.
- Limited housekeeping – no service, just fresh linen drop-off.
- Remote guest services via text messaging to (858) 264-0900, limited office hours.
We are working hard to provide a safe environment for all of our guests. We understand the significance of the current climate and believe we are reacting with the utmost of diligence. From June 2nd to June 12, the criteria required (essential worker, homeless, exposure to COVID-19, or at risk of domestic abuse) to accommodate guests will require us to cancel some reservations. When this criteria is lifted, we have taken measures to provide a clean and low risk environment. A 2-night buffer will be in effect between each reservation. With the usual occupancy of summer, we may need to assign guests to different room numbers. In some more unfortunate cases, we may contact you to change your room type or shorten your stay, but you will still be welcome to rebook your original accommodation next year. 24 hours after every checkout, we thoroughly clean all surfaces and sanitize the room with UV light exposure, EPA registered sanitizers, and Lysol spray. We also intend on acquiring more equipment to help guarantee the safety of our guests. We have signs posted everywhere around the hotel reminding others of these protocols. We are working hard to stay present on e-mails, voicemails, text messages, and although you may not see us at the front desk, know that we’re still available, eagerly on stand-by, to assist you in any way.
Please be aware that restrictions are regularly changing, and we’ll do our best to inform our guests of those changes. If you need to make changes or require assistance please call [hotel phone] and leave a voicemail, or email us at [hotel email]. We look forward to your stay.
The Beach Cottages Staff